Choc Dipped Gingerbread Stars
4 Dec, 2015
Choc dipped gingerbread stars with pistachios and sprinkles!
These yummy, bite sized stars are the perfect Christmas desert! Place them in a nice jar and they also make the perfect gift!
What you will need:
- Melted butter, to grease
- 125g butter, at room temperature
- 100g (1/2 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 125ml (1/2 cup) golden syrup
- 1 egg, separated
- 375g (2 1/2 cups) plain flour
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- Plain flour, to dust
- 1 bag of choc melts
- Crushed pistachios
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius
2. Use an electric beater to beat the butter and sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add the golden syrup and egg yolk and beat until combined. Stir in the flour, ginger, mixed spice and bicarbonate soda. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth. Press dough into a disc. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to rest.
3. Place the dough between 2 sheets of baking paper and roll out until about 4mm thick. Use a star cookie cutter to cut out the shapes. Place on trays about 3cm apart. Repeat with any excess dough.
4. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until brown. Remove from oven and transfer to rack to cool.
5. Place chocolate melts in a bowl over boiling water and stir till melted.
6. Dip the ends of the gingerbread stars in the melted chocolate.
7. Sprinkle over pistachios or sprinkles, place on a tray with baking paper and let the chocolate set.